Tuesday, May 15, 2012

A Page from Macbeth!


I think Shakespeare had the right idea and I feel Macbeth mirrored Matthew 6:34 (probably not on purpose). Here is what Macbeth had to say: 

To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day
To the last syllable of recorded time,
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Macbeth was my favorite play in school. My husband was astonished to find out that I am actually a huge Shakespeare fan! Anyway, to sum this up, life is short and you can ramble and rant but in the end it all means nothing. My favorite verse and the verse I call my "life verse" is Matthew 6:34, "Don't worry about tomorrow for tomorrow will worry about its self. Today has enough trouble of its own." You can fret and worry, pace about but in the end it matters not. God' plan is supreme and wins every time. So why be the fool, a poor player on the stage? Why tell a tale full of sound and fury that means absolutely nothing? 

Lets conduct an experiment shall we!  What is your biggest pet peeve, something you spend a lot of time ranting or complaining about? Is there anything you can do about it? Is there a lesson God is trying to teach you?

My biggest pet peeve was in the car. I hated slow, oblivious drivers or drivers who tale gate and drive like idiots. I am known to yell at other drivers like they can hear me. Anyway, I was talking to confidant of mine who pointed out that I had two choices. I can be upset and also act like an idiot or I can choose to let it go and I can choose to be happy. I think that I was always running into idiot drivers because God was trying to teach me that I really do have a choice. I now to choose to enjoy my drives. I leave a bit earlier than normal, I put on my Air1, Christian radio station and I drive in the slow lane. I have some one-on-one worship time and I am in a great mood when I reach my destination! 


No comments:

Post a Comment